The ICOP-1800 provides four PC compatible asynchronous serial ports, each of which can be configured for RS232 operation. Addresses and interrupts are jumpers selectable, and more than one ICOP-1800 can be sued in any PC/104 system.
The card is based on the 4 Goldstar chips. These chips each contain a UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter).
- 4 x RS232C asynchronous ports
- 4 x 16550 UARTs
- Supports: TxD, RxD, RTX, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, and GND
- Interrupt: 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15
- RS232 modem control signals
- I/O address: 100h to 300h